We had high hopes of finishing several things today but instead we had to repair the damage done by a wicked hail/thunder storm. She lost 3 orange front clearance lights and 2 red rear ones (the ones on the roof), some dents, one of the crappy plastic roof vents (which can be seen shredded in the picture), and a flooded side panel where the fridge is. It could have been worse and there was minimal water inside. We got a new crappy plastic roof vent that we will soon replace with a galvanized metal one from Vintage Trailer Supply. We did find 3 orange clearance light lenses and replaced those but we are waiting on 2 red ones coming in from vancouver. She has to have the lights to pass safety as well.
sigh.... we did manage to paint her last two wheels and put a final coat of bondo on the front grill. We hope to have her ready for windshield installation on Monday and safety inspection shortly after that. I remain hopeful that she will still be ready in time for our vacation starting August 28, 2009.
Check back for a more cheery update on yesterday's motor progress.